What is Wire Sawing?
A Wire Saw is a continuous steel cable with diamond impregnated beads spaced 10mm to 30mm apart. When cutting, continuous stream of water is used to lubricate and remove the concrete in a slurry form.
The Benefits for You of Wire Sawing
Wire Sawing is ideal for cutting large concrete masses at high speed and avoids overcutting. Holes are drilled to place the wire saw precisely where you want to start the cut. To remove a section of concrete with a circular blades, overcutting is required on the corners.
Huge masses of concrete and stone can be removed with a wire saw so long as you can circumnavigate the piece to be cut.
Shallis Concrete Wire Sawing – The Process Explained Simply
- Site induction for operators
- Access, working at heights and hazard evaluation – Safe Work Method Statement
- Determine scope of works of cut or drill work area and conduct Prestart Inspection
- Assess scan report and cross check with markings at cutting location
- Locate water and power supply, Assess waste water and dust control
- Finalise all documentation and permissions with sign off
- Install hazard warnings and place safety spotters
- Cut or drill
- Remove equipment, debris and clean up to client satisfaction
- Assess any hazards and advise client to cover and barricade
- Accurately measure work done and get sign off by client
- Follow client procedure for leaving site
Who is it For?
Construction Project managers, engineers and architects looking for a precision cutting solution.
Wire sawing Work Areas Include…
- Multi Story Construction Sites
- Road Construction and Service Areas
- Hospitals and Medical Centres
- Residential Properties
- Commercial Properties
- Airport and Freight Terminals
- Industrial and Commercial Buildings
- Shopping Centres
- Bridges and Freeways
- Water and Gas Utilities Infrastructure
- Parking Garages
- Bus Stations
- Casinos and Hotels
- Commercial Fit-Outs
- Mines and Ports
- Dams and water services
We have a guaranteed turnaround time of 1-2 business days on all quote requests.
We understand construction project timeframes. We work as an extension of your team and deliver on time so that you can keep to your agreed project schedules.
Areas We Service
We provide comprehensive concrete and stone wire sawing service to clients anywhere in Western Australia. See our map here.
Your Next Steps
SPEAK TO OUR TEAM
1300 386 563